Tuesday, July 3, 2012

INDEPENDENCE

The Fourth of July, or Independence Day, is a federal holiday that celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of the Independence on July 4th, 1776.


What does INDEPENDENCE mean to you?  What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word?


For years, I thought Independence meant to stand alone, to be FULLY self sufficient.  To never ask for help.  To be financially 'set' (whatever that means). Over the years, I have learned it is completely the opposite!

Independence, means trusting others.  Asking for their help.  Realizing that I am not better than or less than, just one of!  I get to work and be financially responsible (regardless of the career I have). I get to learn from others that have gone before me how to do things in life.... it may be just a little easier because they have taken the path first.  I get to be a responsible citizen of my community. I get to VOTE and pay my taxes.  I get to treat others with respect and dignity.  I get to be a part of something bigger and greater than I ever dreamed!

My life is full and rich and Independent of what other's think of me.  I get to make choices in life today because of the responsible Independence I practice daily in my life.

Here is wishing ALL of you INDEPENDENCE tomorrow and each day of your life!  Celebrate YOU!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment